Saturday, July 6, 2013

In Kyoto of spring: Kyoto Imperial Garden, my lunch, and Sanjusangendo Temple.

 a wall of The Sentō Imperial Palace

< a wall of The Sentō Imperial Palace
I met my friends in Kyoto on May 7.
I strolled in Kyoto Imperial Garden in this morning, and after the lunch, visited Sanjusangendo Temple.

57日、京都で友人と会いました。
午前中、京都御苑を散歩し、昼食後、三十三間堂を見学した。


a map of Kyoto Imperial Garden

< a map of Kyoto Imperial Garden >
Kyoto Imperial Garden was emperor's Imperial Palace for about 1000 years.
I was surprised for the vast park that extended 700 meters from east to west, and 1300 meters from north to south.
The place where I strolled was a red oval part on above map.
Green was deep, and red of the azalea was impressive.
Foreign tourists were conspicuous although there were few people.

京都御苑は千年間、天皇の皇居だった。
東西700m、南北1300mの広大な敷地にびっくりしました。
私が散歩したのは赤い楕円部のみです。
緑が濃く、ツツジの赤が印象的でした。
人は少なかったが、外国人観光客が目立った。


Higashiyama mountain is seen far away 

< Higashiyama mountain is seen far away >


Bridge laid in a pond and a small Shinto shrine 

< Bridge laid in a pond and a small Shinto shrine >

a tearoom house was seen beyond a island

< a tearoom house was seen beyond a island
Young travelers from foreign countries are looking at the carps in the pond.

The style of pond in the Japanese garden has been condensed here.


海外からの若い旅行者が池の鯉を見ている。
日本庭園の池の様式が凝縮されている。


Tearoom house of 200 years ago 

< Tearoom house of 200 years ago >
This tearoom house was seen from the pond a little.

この茶室は、池の奥に少し見えていた。


a residence of a court noble of 400 years ago

< a residence of a court noble of 400 years ago >
The residence becomes the administrative office of this park.

邸宅は公園管理事務所になっている。


Sakaimachi gate of this palace facing the Marutamachi Street 

< Sakaimachi gate of this palace facing the Marutamachi Street >
I feel more dignity in the black color of this gate.

落ち着いた黒に風情を感じます。


lunch

a garden in restaurant 

< lunch and a garden in restaurant >
A pond, a stone lantern, high trees, and low trees have been distributed skillfully.
I seemed to exist in deep woods, though it is a small garden.

小さな庭だが、池、石灯籠、低木と高木が巧みに配され、深い自然の中にいるようだ。


1000 statues of Sanjusangendo Temple 

< 1000 statues of Sanjusangendo Temple (borrowing phot)>
I was more impressed by the appearance of 1000 statues of goddess.
I saw these in 55 years before.
When I was child, was I impressed by these statues that had been made in 800 years ago?

Blessed with fine weather, I talked pleasantly with friends and I felt a Japanese tradition.


55年ぶりに見る、千体の観音像の姿に感動した。
平清盛が800年前に造営したこれらに、幼い私は感動したのだろうか?
天候に恵まれ、友と歓談し、日本の伝統を感じた1日でした。





No comments:

Post a Comment